Monday, July 21, 2008

Fashion Worries

I am having problems adjusting to Wellington's sense of fashion. I have thousands of high heels in hibernation till further notice. The hills! How am I meant to wear these shoes? I see girls around town walking around in high beautiful shoes but I just cant do it, maybe my feet are not properly trained being from flat surroundings in Auckland and being use to just walking around to get to my car or go into work.

Moving here I feel I am required to have some sort of instant out going, slightly strange sense of fashion. I am shunned if I even mention the word "mall" and all the normal shops it holds! A mall in Wellington would be ideal, going to town on a windy wet day is not appealing to me. But maybe I haven't developed that second skin all Wellington people have, no matter the weather they are out and about. I just want to snuggle up inside!
So I travel to the closest mall in Lower Hutt to get my home comfort and to shop in the warmth! And some normal clothes, maybe it is just I can't be bothered with searching for hours for clothes!
Or I will always be a true Aucklander and stick to my catwalk fashion!

No comments: